Monday, July 16, 2018

First steps (posted June 12, 2018)

Here begins a large adventure--a year of study at the Elphinstone Institute at the University of Aberdeen, immersing myself in Scottish ethnomusicology and folklore. Although I don't actually leave the States until early September, there's a long list of to-dos before I can actually get on the plane. 

Later this month, I'll apply for a student visa, so I need to have all my financial and other paperwork in order. I just paid the deposit on my postgraduate student housing dorm space, so at least I'll have a place to sleep!

Update (July 16): I'm using a different application for this blog, so I'm putting this post in a second time... Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Elphinstone Institute sounds a lot like "Elftones Institute." Coincidence?

    ReplyDelete